Yuqing Huo, M.D., Ph.D
Principal Investigator, Co-Director of DDC
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Dr. Huo received his Medical Degree from the Jining Medical College in 1989, and then served as a cardiologist at the Shandong Province's Taishan Hospital for Chronic Diseases for two years. From 1992 to 1998, Dr. Huo earned a Master's Degree in molecular cardiology from the Qingdao University Medical School and a Ph.D. in vascular biology from the Beijing Medical University.
Dr. Huo pursued his postdoctoral training in vascular biology from 1998-2001 and served as a member of the University of Virginia biomedical engineering faculty from 2002-2004 (Charlottesville, VA). From 2004 to 2011, Dr. Huo conducted his research first as an Assistant Professor, and then an Associate Professor in the Center of Vascular Biology, Lillehei Heart Institute at the University of Minnesota Medical School (Minneapolis, MN), where he established research programs to study the inflammatory aspects of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. He continued his research as a Full Professor, Chief of Vascular Inflammation Program at the Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University (Augusta, GA). Since 2010, he has participated in initiating the drug discovery center (DDC) at the Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School (PKUSZ) and served as the Co-Director of DDC.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Finalist of Irvine H. Page young investigator research award from the arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology annual Conference 2008 (Atlanta, Georgia).
• Nominee of the Institute of Medicine Anniversary Fellow from the Medical School of University of Minnesota (July, 2006).
• Scientist Development Award (National level) from American Heart Association (2004 to 2006).
• Lillehei Scholar Award (2004-2007) from Lillehei Heart Institute at the University of Minnesota.
• Atorvastatin Research Award (2004-2006) from Pfizer, Inc.
• Young Investigator Award from the Cardiovascular Section of American Physiological Society (April 21, 2002).
• Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (2001-2003) from American Heart Association (2001-2003).
• New Investigator Award from American Heart Association on May 11, 2001.